What features to look for in the best Stainless Steel Manufacturer in India
Stainless steel is an alloy of iron or any other element. It contains more than 10.5% chromium, providing high resistance to a wide range of corrosive substances. Along with chromium, there are several other components like- Carbon, nickel, copper, sulphur, silicon, and manganese, which are combined with the alloy in the process to bring it into its final shape. These metals or gases are added to improve the steel’s strength, durability, and resistance power. Especially, the addition of Nickel enhances the stainless properties of the steel. The process of production of stainless steel is quite complex. First, the metal scrap needs to be melted to form a shape. Then the metal is kept under a certain temperature for heating; the rest of the steps include descaling, rolling, cutting, cleaning, and finishing.
Different types of stainless steel comprise different levels of chromium. The steel, which contains a high level of chromium, provides high resistance and durability, while the low level of chromium does not provide long-lasting resistance power. Stainless steel is widely used for industrial applications and various other purposes. Some common types of stainless steel include
- Ferritic- This form of steel does not contain nickel and is commonly used in boilers, washing machines, dishwashers, etc.
- Austenitic- It is a common type of stainless steel with lower strength used in housewares, vessels, piping, etc.
- Martensitic- Due to its less resistance and magnetic properties, the substances produced from this type of steel are hard; hence, it is used in making knives.
- Duplex is made with a combination of austenitic and ferritic steel and has more flexibility. It is mainly used in the petrochemical industries.
- Precipitation- This metal can be very hard when combined with other elements like aluminum or copper. These steels are primarily used in the gas and oil industries.
Why should we choose Stainless Steel?
Stainless Steel is primarily used in various applications across many industries such as architecture, automotive, chemical, and commercial industries. Generally, it is chosen for its heat resistance and longevity power, and it provides a layer of chromium oxide to the surface of the steel. However, before purchasing a stainless steel product, it is important to understand the grades of corrosion. Unlike Austenitic Stainless Steel, Ferritic and Martensitic stainless steel contain less chromium and nickel; hence, they are cheaper than Austenitic Stainless Steel. You can check Stainless Steel Company in India to find the price range of different stainless steel.
Features to look for in the best Stainless Steel manufacturer
Stainless Steel is popular in India, especially for its physical properties and polished finish; hence, it is widely used in appliances, instruments, construction, cookware, and many more.
Following is the list of some important features to consider while looking for Stainless Steel from Stainless Steel Manufacturer in India
- Corrosion Resistant properties – Opt for a higher level of stainless steel products because the layer of chromium on the surface of the steel provides protection against rust and increases the corrosion resistance of the steel.
- Formability – The formability and weldability of Austenitic grade and ferritic grade of stainless steels are much better than Martensitic grade. Hence, it is not commonly used in the industrial sector.
- Strength – A stainless steel is made with the addition of different kinds of elements, making it stronger and tougher than other steel variants.
- Durability – Stainless Steels are highly durable. As long as it is cleaned regularly, it will not get scratches.
- Material Cost – Always prefer the quality when choosing stainless steel. Austenitic stainless steel provides more resistance; thus, it is priced higher than other types of stainless steel.
- Low maintenance – Unlike Carbon steel substances, stainless steel requires little maintenance. Minimal cleaning with soap or detergent is enough to keep it rust-free.
While some of these features may help you to know more about stainless steel, the most important point to look out for a while investing in stainless steel is to check the level of grade of the steel because the grades of the stainless steel determine the proportion of the steel mixed with other elements. After all, stainless steel with less corrosion resistance might not be a great option for long-term use.